12 Aug Take Advantage of These Resources to Find Maximum Relief
The NHF is here to provide you useful with methods and resources to manage your headaches. Below we list a few methods that we suggest you try, in combination with your current treatment, in order to attempt to get relief.
Keep a Headache Diary in order to track your triggers and discover how to avoid your headaches. Ask yourself the following questions to figure out your headache history:
- When did you start having headaches?
- How often do they occur? At what time of day? During the week or on weekends? How long do they last?
- Where is the pain?
- Which word best describes it: throbbing, pounding, splitting, stabbing, and blinding?
- If you are a woman, are your headaches associated with your menstrual cycle?
- What triggers your headache: certain foods, certain physical activities, bright light, strong odors, change in temperature or altitude, noise, smoke, stress, oversleeping?
- What symptoms do you experience prior to the headache?
- Does anyone else in your family suffer from headaches?
- Do you notice visual disturbances before or after your headaches?
- Do you suffer from more than one type of headache