03 Mar National Center for PTSD
The National Center for PTSD contains in-depth information on PTSD and traumatic stress for a general audience. They answer commonly asked questions about the effects of trauma, including basic information about PTSD and other common reactions. You can find out about treatment and coping or view videos to learn more.
- Hope for Recovery Video helps people understand trauma – Hope for Recovery
- The Assessment Section has information on assessment instruments used to measure trauma exposure and PTSD and includes fact sheets, assessment request form, recommended readings, videos on assessment, adult/children measures and trauma exposure measures.
- A Brief Primer on the Mental Health Impact of the Wars in Afghanistan and Iraq
- Mailing List
- Online Military Resources
- Tips for family members
- PILOTs Database – an electronic index to the worldwide literature on post-traumatic stress disorder and other mental-health consequences of exposure to traumatic events. It’s produced by the National Center for PTSD (Search PILOTS)