03 Mar Traumatic Brain Injury Survival Guide
The Traumatic Brain Injury Survival Guide site is very unconventional in that it is an online book focused specifically on TBI by Dr. Glen Johnson, a Clinical Neuropsychologist and Clinical Director of the Neuro-Recovery Head Injury Program in Traverse City, MI. Even the though the site, literally reads like a book and has links to chapters, the information is given very concisely in laymen’s terms and information easily resonates with sufferers as they read.
- Common Indicators of Head Injury
- How the Brain is Hurt
- Understanding how the brain works
- Dealing with doctors
- Family Members: What you can do in the hospital setting
- Emotional Stages of Recovery
- Coping with Common Problems – this section includes memory, headaches, organization, getting overloaded, sleep disorders, fatigue, anger and depression and word-finding.