31 Aug NHF Supports Pain Awareness Month 2018
Join the National Headache Foundation as we take part in Pain Awareness Month 2018, a month-long initiative to provide support to and bring awareness around the 100 million American adults who are effected by chronic pain.
“As the country’s largest and longest-standing patient organization for headache disorders, the National Headache Foundation enthusiastically lends its support to Pain Awareness Month. As headache pain is one of the top reasons for medical office visits,and migraine is the number one cause of disability among neurological disorders, we feel that raising awareness and understanding through observing September Pain Awareness Month will help improve the lives of patients impacted by migraine and other disabling headache disorders.”
– Timothy R Smith, MD, RPh, 1st Vice President of the National Headache Foundation
The U.S. Pain Foundation has put together a list of ways you can help raise awareness around chronic pain this September:
- Daily challenge. Follow a list of daily tasks for its followers on social media, as well as special promos and giveaways, on the U.S. Pain channels: Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Twibbon. Use the #PainWarriorsUnite graphic on your social media profile images.
- Special events. U.S. Pain is hosting several online educational events this month:
- Facebook Live, Sept. 5 at 2 p.m. EST with The Mighty and U.S. Pain Interim CEO Nicole Hemmenway
- Facebook Live, Sept. 12 at 7 p.m. EST on understanding chronic pain syndrome
- Webinar, Sept. 18 at 1 p.m. EST, Conquering the brain in pain
- Webinar, Sept. 25 at 12 p.m. EST, Patient empowerment in clinical trials
- Local awareness events. Local awareness and fundraising events will be held by U.S. Pain staff and volunteers across the country.
- Beautify in Blue. Volunteers across the country are participating in Beautify in Blue, which decorates a public space with blue signage in honor of Pain Awareness Month. More information can be found here
Visit the Pain Awareness Month website for more information!