Chicago, Ill. (March 21, 2023) – Thirty healthcare providers across the country were recently named new recipients of the National Headache Foundation (NHF) Certificate of Added Qualification in Headache Medicine (AQH) following the Spring exam.
“I would like to congratulate our most recent AQH certificate holders for being proactive in their professional training and for putting their patients first,” said Tom Dabertin, NHF executive director/CEO. “I am confident that they will soon see greater competency in working with migraine and headache patients, and they should receive an increase in patient referrals and recognition of skills when dealing with managed care and government agencies.”
NHF just bestowed AQH certificates to:
- Jaime S. Burns, APRN, FNP-C, AQH, New Port Richey, Fla.
- Brian Burroughs, PA-C, AQH, Red Wing, Minn.
- Karina Campos, APN-BC, AQH, Cranford, N.J.
- Alana Cheplowitz, PA-C, AQH, Chicago, Ill.
- Hillary Clark, APRN, AQH, London, Ky.
- Samantha Clem, PA-C, AQH, Marysville, Wash.
- Jennifer DelMonaco, PA-C, AQH, Chicago, Ill.
- Cynthia Guggenmos, NP, AQH, Brewster, Neb.
- Jessica Horwitz, FNP-BC, AQH, Northbrook, Ill.
- Kelly A. Jackson, DNP, NP, AQH, Murfreesboro, Tenn.
- Natacha Jean-Noel, DNP, APRN, AQH, Glen Allen, Va.
- Susan S. Kim, MD, PhD, AQH, Seattle, Wash.
- Michelle Kovary, APN , AQH, Wau, N.J.
- Thomas Kreibich, MD,PhD, AQH, Glen Rock, N.J.
- Marie Labadie-DeGennaro, DNP, APRN, AQH, Odessa, Fla.
- Scott D. Meyer, MD, AQH, Liberty Township, Ohio
- Andrea D. Murphy, MSN, APRN, AQH, West Hartford, Conn.
- James E. Nelson, MD, AQH, San Diego, Calif.
- Stephanie Niemi – Olson, MSN, FNP-C, AQH, Tucson, Ariz.
- Marissa Oller – Cramsie, DO, AQH, Wood – Ridge, N.J.
- Betty Rudisaile, MSN, AGNP-C, AQH, Aurora, Colo.
- Richard J. Schuler ll, PA-C, AQH, Malta, N.Y.
- William Slager, PA-C, AQH, Hudsonville, Mich.
- Lindsay Sloan, PA-C, AQH, Deerfield, Ill.
- Michael D. Snyder, MD, AQH, St. Louis, Mo.
- Paige Stafford, NP, AQH, Dallas, Tex.
- Melinda A. Thiam, MD, PMH-C, AQH, Rio Rancho, N.M.
- David True, DO, AQH, Springfield, Mo.
- Heidi Lynn Yip, AGACNP-BC, AQH, Fairport, N.Y.
- Neil Zlatniski, MD, FAAP, AQH, Carmel, Ind.
In 2012, the NHF Board created the AQH certificate program after recognizing the increasing number of allied health care practitioners, along with primary care physicians, who had gained experience in the diagnosis and treatment of headache. The goals of the AQH are to establish the standards for headache practice and to help those with migraine disease and headache disorders in locating clinicians who can provide optimal headache-related health care.
The deadline to apply for the Fall AQH exam is August 25, 2023, with online exams being administered between September 1-15, 2023.
NHF maintains an online directory of AQH professionals that can be found at: https://headaches.org/resources/healthcare-provider-finder/
# # #
About the National Headache Foundation
The National Headache Foundation (NHF) is the leading educational and informational resource for individuals with headache, their families, physicians, allied health care professionals, and health policy decision makers. For more information on the National Headache Foundation, please visit www.headaches.org